Supporting researchers in the use and re-use of archaeological data: continuing the ARIADNE thread
The call for papers for CAA 2016 is now open! The conference will explore a multitude of topics, amongst which is the session proposed by ARIADNE “Supporting researchers in the use and reuse of archaeological data”. We would like to invite paper proposals for this session.
The 44th Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology Conference (CAA 2016 Oslo) will be held from 29 March to 2 April, 2016 and has been given the theme “Exploring Oceans of Data”, in reference to Norway’s maritime heritage. Topics in the conference include data acquisition and recording, conceptual modelling, semantic technologies, data analysis, data management, digital 3D object reconstruction, image visualization in archaeology, geophysics and GIS.
Supporting researchers in the use and re-use of archaeological data: continuing the ARIADNE thread aims to stimulate discussion between researchers and data specialists, and to:
- Showcase best practices and relevant work supporting access and use of digital archaeology from ARIADNE and other services.
- Present case studies demonstrating innovative re-use of archaeological datasets.
- Develop an understanding of the challenges in providing access to research data and the opportunities offered by ARIADNE and other services.
- Discuss how these challenges can be addressed and how the opportunities can be maximized.
- Generate ideas for future training, access and research.
The focus is on access, discovery and research reuse of archaeological datasets, and contributions are invited on the following (and related) topics:
- 3D and Visualization
- Remote Sensing and Spatial Data
- Excavation and Monument Data
- Scientific Datasets
- Grey Literature
- Linked Data
- Design of Archaeological Datasets
- Conversion of Legacy Datasets
Call for papers
The call for papers for CAA 2016 is open until 25 October 2015.
Please submit your paper for “Supporting researchers in the use and re-use of archaeological data: continuing the ARIADNE thread” in the online submission system.
Per maggiori informazioni http://www.ariadne-infrastructure.eu/News/CAA-2016-Call-for-papers